"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there".

Sunday 21 September 2014

Day Seven

After a return visit to the awesome play ground and a quick dip in the beach for the kids, we waved goodbye to Carnarvon and headed back down highway number 1, towards Kalbarri.  The kids were a bit out of sorts today, especially poor little Lochie who has come down with a cold...he's not himself at all :( we knew we had about 5 hours of traveling to do today, so we all agreed that we'd drive as long as we could, before stopping for lunch.  Lochie and Zappa got to snuggling at the back of Bertha while Alyssa grabbed her Lego and set herself up at the dining table...everyone was happy and ready to drive!

The weather caused some interesting conditions for driving today...we went through dust storms, rain storms and very windy patches that made Bertha dance around the road a bit! Clay took it all in his stride, while I quietly panicked next to him! I have to say, that apart from the odd idiot, the majority of open road travellers are very safe and courteous drivers.  I love the hand waves from each driver (each one a little different from the last one) as we pass by, and the road train drivers that slow down and indicate for you when it's safe to overtake...there is a real sense of camaraderie between open road travellers! We're really loving it! :)

We stopped at the 'Overlander' roadhouse for lunch, along with a load of grey nomads! There were caravans everywhere!...It was pretty cold and wet outside so we sheltered inside Bertha, and enjoyed our hot lunch...we went from sweltering heat, to grabbing jumpers and trackies within the space of about 24 hours! And us Polar Bear Bolgies were loving it!! :)

We hit the road again and after driving through the Kalbarri National Park (and finally seeing some beautiful wildflowers) we arrived in Kalbarri to be greeted by my Mum and Dad!! :) they travelled up from perth to spend our last few days of holidays together, before we all head home again.  We've only been in Kalbarri for a few hours, but this place already has a great feel about it. The colder weather is really making us happier! Although, I think we're in for a thunderstorm tonight so let's hope Bertha doesn't float away!!

Alyssa says
"I loved playing in the ocean today...and I also loved  playing 'Guess Who' with Dad tonight, I won the first game and Dad won the second game. It was fun!  I'm also so happy to see Granny and Grandad because I really missed them!"

Lachlan says
"I don't feel very well today, it's made me feel a bit sad...but I did love that Granny brought me cheesecake!"

Zappa says
"slobber slobber...yawn...woof woof"

Bolgie Adventurers Out!


No comments:

Post a Comment